Cannot find good staal

Alle in grote lijnen opgebouwde aluminium, stalen en houten cnc-machine`s

Moderators: audiomanics, Moderators

Plaats reactie
flux

Cannot find good staal

Bericht door flux »

Hi there, this is my first post, not sure if this is the right place, but I going to try!
Is this mandatory?
Het Nederlandstalige CNC-forum, if that, next time I will use Google translator.
I'm Spanish guy living in the Netherlands, and I expend like couple days looking in internet to buy some 17-4 staal or similar with out any luck.
I'm looking steel to make an axle, I'm trying to electrify a skate board.
I've would like to ask you guys if this 17-4 staal is the best choice to make a 8mm axle or maybe you can recommend another? And the last and really important where I can buy it?? I need 30cm, I don't mind to buy a meter, but not 3 meters.
Thanks in advance, and sorry for my lack of Netherlands speak
Victor R.
flex

Re: Cannot find good staal

Bericht door flex »

Do you have a sketch on how the axle is used?
bearings, support distances etc factor in.
I see it is a hardnable stainless. Do you really need stainless? You could try C45 instead i would think.
DaBit
Donateur

Bericht door DaBit »

PH17-4 is very hard if not impossible to obtain for the average guy. I once tried obtaining a few meters of thin walled 17-4 pipe to create a luggage rack for a motorcycle. No luck..

I would use a standard 8mm rod such as used in 3D printers. Nice and smooth. Cheap and easy to obtain. Only a bit too hard and maybe too brittle.

C45 will work too. Local metal distributors often stock it, otherwise you can get it here: https://shop.premium-steel.eu/nl_nl/ger ... 00-mm.html
De belangrijkste wet in de wetenschap: 'hoe minder efficient en hoe meer herrie, hoe leuker het is'
flux

Bericht door flux »

Thanks for the quick reply guys, here is a picture of what i want to mod, in the one is written Ronin i need to make the hanger shorter and the axle longer, like the one black in front.
Afbeelding
i'm just looking for 17-4 because i read somewhere that is good for axle, but of course i'm up for suggestions, is not need it to be RVS.
if you guys confirm that c45 is good for that purpose i go for it!
oh i can't load pictures.... do you guys know wich format is ok? i try with png and jpg, but no luck.
i uploaded to onedrive in the mean time:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmVyoeiTai4FkVKGWFztnSB53cAA
flex

Bericht door flex »

Ok. so the axle is fixed in the truck. you'll be fixing a drive system to the wheel (belt pully?) and they will be running on bearings on the axle? C45 will do. You ought to make sure to space out the bearings so you can put a bit of tension on the axle. This axial loading helps with stiffness.
flux

Bericht door flux »

Thanks a lot for your help guys!!
I could easily find the c45 and even now i feel a lot more confident doing this build with the proper steel!
P.d: nice tip flex, I will keep that in mind when I go to do the tread to give some tension on it. :P
Plaats reactie