Help needed with EdingCNC and USB Camera Setup

Nederlandse CNC controller op basis van de usb poort of Ethernet.

Moderator: Moderators

Rayden

Help needed with EdingCNC and USB Camera Setup

Bericht door Rayden »

Hello community,

first, sorry that I have to post in english, but Im german and dont speak dutch :)

I found your forum with google and it seems to be one of the biggest Milling communities in europe.

Im looking for help/support for our milling machine :

To begin with, some time ago we got a CNC milling which works perfectly fine on its own and is in use for several months now. But then we got a small Camera to read registration marks and unfortunatelly the company we worked with went bankrupt in the middle of the installation. This means we are stuck with a working milling machine, but with a non-working camera.

The Camera is Installed, but somehow the communication with CNC is not setup properly and we get several errors during calibration or if we want to start a job. Additonally if we eventually are able to start / mill a file, there is still a offset of about 20cm from the registration marks to the point the milling starts to cut (even after calibtration process in WolfCut Camera Plugin/Addon).

Currently our workflow is as follows:

Create the TAP file with Cut2D Pro from Vectric
We then open the TAP File with Eding CNC V4.03.44
As Camera plugin/addon we use Wolfcut Mark Reader 0.9.8

As of now we can see the Cam Live Picture in the WolfCut Plugin/Addon, but problems start if we e.g. want to calibrate spindle and camera offset. Several Errors poping up in Eding CNC and Mark Reader hangs as long until we press RESET in Eding CNC to clrear the error. Eventually we can finish the calibration wizard after several Errors.

Some of the errors are:

L2025: G43 not Allowed with M95 and M97- Where does this come from and how can we disable G43
...some Error about some Tangential-Knife - we dont even have such a knife and we dont know how to disable this

Eventually during the process we have to click on three of our four registrations marks in the WolfCut Camera Plugin to start the milling process itself. But if we press the final "Start" buton another error pops up and we have to press RESET again in Eding CNC, which results in clearing the working area and closing our TAP file i Eding CNC.

This time the error is;

L6 - Machine limit Violation Z75.xxx ...our milling machine can handle Z up to about 200 so I dont know why Z75.xxx causes a violation here.

..if we manually home the milling (send to X0 Y0) and press "start " the mill eventually starts, but has a offset of about 20cm for both, X and Y.

So basically it seems hardware installation of the camera has been done, but not the configuration of EdingCNC, or its Macros/templates - I dont how to call it :)

Currently we are trying to figure out how we can disable these errors and where the configuration which causes these error is being stored. At the moment it seems like everything is put into the TAP File in Cut2D Pro postprocessing, is this possible ? We have two Postprocessing Templates in Cut2D Pro, one is called "G-Code ATC Type" and another one is Called "Camera". The templates are 100% identical if we binary check the files, so It seems this is where the company went bankrupt and the next step would be to adjust the settings in "Camera" Postprocessing template (but maybe we are completelly off).

Anyway we are looking for any help we can get to get our milling to work with the camera. Any help is pretty much appreciated ! If the problem can not be solved by our own, we are looking for somebody who can support us here, we can offer Remote Access to the machines, also WhatsApp Chat etc is no problem - we would pay for your your service by either PayPal, International Money Order or somehting else.

At last resort we also tried to get in touch with wolfcut but no luck so far,

Thank you very much for reading and best regards

Heiko
audiomanics
Donateur
Contacteer:

Re: Help needed with EdingCNC and USB Camera Setup

Bericht door audiomanics »

Heiko, (i shall answer in Dunglish ;-) )
First: it seems you didn't HOME the machine first as you get Machine Violations. Else you have set the work-coordinates wrong..
Sample: in your settings for Z you have pos +15 and neg -185, Which gives you a total z-travel of 200mm.
When you locate Z0 too high you can't travel 75mm in height.. (what is the machineZ for WorkZ-0?)
Conflicting codes can be a part of a self-written Macro, if you use that. Not sure if you need macro's for your camera.

Kees
<klik>... euh..test... 123.... einde test... uit.<klik>
serum

Bericht door serum »

Hi, welcome to this forum.

There are a bunch of users here using an eding controller, including myself. Unfortunately I'm only using the camera for g54 workpiece offsets and measurement, but no form of image recognition. So there is quite a bit of base knowledge around the eding platform.

If memory serves well, the tangential knife could be selected from the setup for a 4th or 5th axis. Could you post an image of the setup screen?

I don't know if the company below went bankrupt?

They have experience with edingcnc in combination with a camera and recognition of markers.

www.cnccamera.nl

The camera offset is usually adjusted by m97 Q1. But if it has been previously setup, you have to shut down edingcnc, search for m97 in the cnc.ini and replace these values with 0.000 instead of the offset numbers. After that you can start edingcnc again, move to a certain position zero the workpiece offsets to 0 , drill a small hole (I'm using a 15 degree ,1mm engraving bit and some hpl) then activate the camera with m97 (either using the button or through MDI) (it will give an error that the camera isn't calibrated) and move to the drilled spot so it is in the center of the cross-hairs and note the x/y values. Switch back to the spindle and close eding. Now go back to the ini.cnc and write down the offset values. Save and close, camera should be callibrated.
Rayden

Bericht door Rayden »

Hi Guys,

Thx for the quick replies, I think this will help us to get started :)

As for the "Homing", we do this every time and if we dont use the camera everything is fine. But as soon as we calibrate the camera (within WolfCut MarkReader) it seems the Z-Value gets messed up. I can see quite a few settings in EdinCNC's Varibales TAB have changed after we finished the camera calibration. If I understand correctly - for testing - we could calibrate the camera and then manually re-set Z to the value shown after homing the machine ?! :)
If memory serves well, the tangential knife could be selected from the setup for a 4th or 5th axis. Could you post an image of the setup screen?
...This part I dont understand, there a 4th and 5th axis, additionally to X,Y,Z ? If I find this settings, how can "Disable" the knife or the Axis ?
As for the Setup Screen, I can check this next time Im at the machine, Not sure If I have seen a "Settings" Dialog (I have seen a Variables Tab), but I will figure out :)

I will check The hint with the .INI, seems like this could be the solution to get rid of the final x and y offset . I will check this out asap , and will let yxou guys know

Thx again for the quick repsonses

Heiko
Kjelt
Donateur

Bericht door Kjelt »

Rayden schreef: 27 mei 2020 12:08 As for the "Homing", we do this every time and if we dont use the camera everything is fine.
Just to make sure you get this right I will elaborate a bit further on this:

You have Machine Coordinates (green values in Eding) , these will be set to 0,0,0 when you have homed the machine.

Then you have Workpiece Coordinates (blue values in Eding) , these are the coordinates that the CAM programm will use and these are the coordinates you will zero using the camera. AFAIK the camera can not set the Z value so the camera should only set the Workpieces coordinates to X0 and Y0.
The Z0 you have to do yourselves or with a probe on the workpiece.

The calibration and the tangential knives etc. I don't know.
Other axis depends on the Eding board, which one do you have (see Eding SW in the upper left corner)
serum

Bericht door serum »

Rayden schreef: 27 mei 2020 12:08
...This part I dont understand, there a 4th and 5th axis, additionally to X,Y,Z ? If I find this settings, how can "Disable" the knife or the Axis ?
As for the Setup Screen, I can check this next time Im at the machine, Not sure If I have seen a "Settings" Dialog (I have seen a Variables Tab), but I will figure out :)

I will check The hint with the .INI, seems like this could be the solution to get rid of the final x and y offset . I will check this out asap , and will let yxou guys know

Thx again for the quick repsonses

Heiko
Depending on the type of controller, yes. It's the setup-screen. And 1 axis can be assigned as 4th axis rotary or tangential knife. (if tangential knife is selected from the drop-down features on that axis, it moves the C axis in the direction the machine is going in x/y direction, in accordance to the design of the tangential cutter or saw.

Just check to be sure in the setupscreen if it is selected. If there are is no checkbox ticked in front of that axis, it's ignored anyway. In that case the macro is most likely running some incorrect tasks.
Rayden

Bericht door Rayden »

Just to make sure I correctly understand that:

There is a macro, which is run if we use the Camera , correct ? And there is no macro (or a different one without errors) which is run if we DONT use the camera, because all these errors only happen when using Wolfcut Markreader. And if there is no 4th or 5th axis, or the checkbox for the knife is not selected we may have to edit this macro ?!

Sorry for the dumb questions but we are totally new to this CNC Software stuff. :roll:

I will test everything this Evening, and will also upload some Screen shots.

Thx guys, your help is pretty much appreciated !!!

Greetz Heiko
Kjelt
Donateur

Bericht door Kjelt »

Perhaps you can post the macro that causes the problems and we might see what is causing the issue.
Rayden

Bericht door Rayden »

Hi Guys,

we are currently testing all things you suggested and I took some screenshots. but I dont know where to find the macro which is executed - I cant see the name of the file in EdingCNC. I can see that code lines on the right hand side of the EdingCNC window, not sure of our micro Touchscreen is just too small ;)

Could anyone tell me how to find out folder and file name of the macro which is currently running ?

Thx
Heiko
serum

Bericht door serum »

Usually in the C:\ there is the install folder. Something like cnc v4.03 or so. Can't you use a remote desktop session on that PC?
Rayden

Bericht door Rayden »

Got it, thx. Will attach to my post later :)
Rayden

Bericht door Rayden »

Hi Again,

we just finished a very long debugging session and we tried several things you guys suggested. Our main focus today was about to get rid of the offset during the milling, all the other errors are very annoying, but eventually we could get around them, so here are the results:

- As for the "Machine homing" we could not get/see any green values. But simply we over looked the "Machine" , we always looked at the "Werkstück /Working Area Coordinates" Tab in the "Automatic Screen". We didnt notice this 2nd Tab until right now when I reviewed the screenshots. So we will check this tomorrow, but Im not sure if this can cause the Offset (read below)

- As for the Tangential Knife Error, we checked Setup Screen and only Axis X,Y,Z are checked, so I think something is wrong with the macro as you guys suggested. A Screenshot of that Error is attached. The error only occurs during the calibration Process in WMR (WolfcutMarkReader). So its not high priority for us.

- As for 2nd Error "G43 not allowed with M95 and M97" this one is really bugging us, since it occourse every time we read the registration marks within WMR and whe we finally want to start the milling. Milling only starts of we Home/Park (I have to recheck with my collegue) and then re-read the registration marks. For whatever reason the milling then starts - with offset of course.

- As for the board, we use a CPU5A--4D

Now for our main focus today, the offset:

As suggested we checked the values in the INI, wrote them down /120,70 for x,y) and set to 0 for x,y. We then did "a manual calibration" as suggested and used the values shown for x,y in EdingCNC. To our surprise the values where almost identical with the values already in the INI file, so it seems the technician already calibrated the camera. We then did some other test but before we changed the M97 offsets to some values like 800,500, then restarted everything. To our surprise the offset during milling did NOT change and was still about 120,70.

For me this looks like the WMR PlugIn does not lookup these values from the INI. In the WRM PlugIn we can do a calibration as well (literally the same what we did manual before). During the Calibration we get the above Error because of the Tangential Knife but after pressing Reset in EdingCNC we eventually could finish the process and the WRM PlugIn says "Successful finished". Well, it Seems it never sucessful finishs, because offset is still there- we tested several times. Maybe pressing Reset in Eding CNC also Resets to first x,y value which we had to set for the spindle during the Calibration Wizard ?!

Anyway, for us its a mystery where/how we can tell EdingCNC or WMR that it has to use these offsets of 120, 70 - whatever we try it seems to be ignored. Because of this we have some other thoughts:

- Are there other Plugins which work better (work at all) with EdingCNC ?
- Back at the time of installation, the technician told us we have to use the latest Version of EdingCNC to use WMR. Currently there are several updates available. Does anyone know if and where we could download them. And is it save to just install them, without loosing any settings (we always could backup the installation folder I guess). My Idea is to install latest one, replace cnc.ini and maby macro.cnc and then try again if WMR works better with the new Version.

I uploaded several files to my webspace, maybe it helps to track down the problem:

http://www.planet-rayden.com/cnc.ini
http://www.planet-rayden.com/macro.cnc I Hope its the right one, the line of the error doesnt make sense to me
http://www.planet-rayden.com/CNCLOG.txt

I also took several Screenshots of the main Screens and the Errors:

Automatic Screen:
Afbeelding

Setup 1
Afbeelding

Setup 2
Afbeelding

Variables
Afbeelding

Cam
Afbeelding Does CAM means Camera or CAD/CAM ?

Error G43....
Afbeelding

Error Tangential Knife during calibration
Afbeelding

Thank again for reading and time !!

Best Regards
Heiko
serum

Bericht door serum »

Few things I see Not saying this will fix any of the issues.

Setup 2

G10L20Zeroing, this needs to be checked. If it's not checked it doesn't zero the active workpiece coordinates (g54/55 etc etc) but it puts the tool offset in g92. (which is weird, makes no sense, and defies all logic IMO)

And does it use an ATC? if not, uncheck Auto WZ. wechsel. (this might cause the G43 error)
Camera activ is not checked. Don't know how this works with your particular setup. I think it is operated from the WMR application and shouldn't be active.

In the user macro there can be a clue on what happens when M97 is activated. (you can alter the standerd commands like M6 with different executions, activating outputs etc) and run external BAT files/ or executables. That would give an indication what happens after the camera (m97) is activated. M95 is the probe offset.

CAM, yes that is the built in cad/cam.

Please look at the website www.cnccamera.nl they offer the same solution for eding. Recognizing markers. If their product serves the same goal, give it a try. (30 day trial). If you download the manual, maybe there is an overlap between your software and theirs. Or use their software as a last resort.

And you can only see the offset-values that are presented in the cnc.ini if the change to M97 has been successful if memory serves right.
Kjelt
Donateur

Bericht door Kjelt »

Hi Heiko.
The way it seems to work (don't have a camera myself but you can play with it in the simulator by starting EdingCNC without hardware attached on a computer at home):
Homing seems to go ok seeing in your logging.

Calibration of the camera.
First look in the cnc.ini file under the header: [SPINDLE_5]
There the x and yOffset should have the valid values, you confirmed they were ok.
If not you can calibrate the camera according to page 53 of the manual.

So then when you want to zero to your workpiece you will set your workingcoordinates at the 0,0 of your workpiece
you will first use the camera, therefor go to the MDI and type M97
Now you are in the camera offset (universe) actually spindle5 universe (which is different from the main spindle universe which is M90)
Then you move your bridge with camera above the the workpiece till you have the crosshairs matching the X0,Y0 coordinates of your CADCAM drawing.
Now in the Work tab (blue values) you press the crosshairs left to the X setting it to 0 and left to the y also setting the Y to 0. Now you should see both values of X and Y at 0.

This is the time to leave the camera universe and return to the main Spindle universe.
You do this by in the MDI entering M90.
You directly see that the blue X and blue Y value have changed to the offset between the camera and main spindle offset values.
Now by pressing in the MDI G0 X0 Y0 your spindle should now be directly above the same place in the workpiece you just zeroed using the camera.

When you get an error "G43 not allowed with M95 and M97" that means you never left the camera universe !
So there was no M90 command issued in your macro. This is essential since you are not allowed to do other stuff in that "universe" ;)

Hope this helps somewhat.
I can not see your custom macro in the macro.cnc so my guess is that this is in the plugin hidden, but only for the camera you really do not need that.
Plaats reactie