Help needed with EdingCNC and USB Camera Setup

Nederlandse CNC controller op basis van de usb poort of Ethernet.

Moderator: Moderators

Rayden

Re: Help needed with EdingCNC and USB Camera Setup

Bericht door Rayden »

Hi guys,

@Serum
Thanks for the hint, we will activate that with our next tests

@kjelt
...you will first use the camera, therefor go to the MDI and type M97...
...Now by pressing in the MDI G0 X0 Y0 your spindle should now be directly above....
I think I dont get those: What/Where is this MDI where we should enter the commands ? :roll:

If I understand correctly, this should solve our offset problem, but not the G43 error, since this error is caused by the macro. So we either have to fix the macro somehow, or we could do it manual as described in your post, is this correct ? I can check for the userdefined macro, Im not sure if I posted the correct one, there where more .CNC files i the folder.

The error L634: G43 .... does this mean Line 634 ? And should I see G43 command there in file ? This would help me to locate the correct one :)

One thing I dont really understand is the zeroing of the workpiece : I understand we have to do this for normal milling. But now I use the camera, which uses registrations marks, why still zeroing ? We have the marks and we have the offset between Cam & Spindle (M97 in the cnc.ini) I would assume that should be enough information

Thank again

Heiko
Kjelt
Donateur

Bericht door Kjelt »

MDI is Manual Data Input
It is one of the icons in the screen, you get a command line interface where you can enter g codes.
The error L634: G43 .... does this mean Line 634 ?
No it means your mscro is executing G43 a command used with toolchanging which is not allowed when you are stil in the M97 mode which is used for your usb camera zeroing.

So yes you should definetly post the macro since it executes a lot of steps without exiting the m97 with a m90 at least that way i can reproduce your error.
Kjelt
Donateur

Bericht door Kjelt »

Thanks Rayden for your voluntary contribution to our forum. 8)
Hope you will also get the last things solved.
xander janssen

Bericht door xander janssen »

Hi all,

Today I tried to connect a camera to EdingCNC.

Plugged the USB camera into the PC (Windows10), it installed itself and by running "Camera" I get a video stream in windows.

Then started EdingCNC and set the following in Setup field:

- Camera Index: 1
- Camera on: Checked

Saved changes and restarted program and the camera icon appeared.

Upon clicking on the icon, the program does "something" and after few seconds, reports "connection to camera 1 failed".

Should EdingCNC work with any camera or do a need a specific type? Or do I need to change some more settings?

Best regards,

Xander
Arie Kabaalstra
Donateur
Contacteer:

Bericht door Arie Kabaalstra »

these will be set to 0,0,0 when you have homed the machine.
only if you have set the home Coordinates to be 0,0,0 in fact you are totally free to put whatever coordinates you like in there in the setup.
(first screen in the setup "Home Position"

For instance, on my lathe, which has a 300 MM travel in Z and 52.5 in X, my home position is X52.5 (which gives me 105 mm of travel in X( Radius 52.5 since it is a lathe) and Z0..

This makes all machine Coordinates in Z Negative, and X0 in machine coordinates is when the holes for Boringbars on the ATC line up with the centerline.
On my Mill, the reference position is with the table all the way to the right and back, making the lower left corner X0, Y0 in machincoordinates, with Z0 with the millinghead all the way up.. but.. i could just as easy set up the Work Coordinates to X-140, Y-70, which would bring machine X0 Y0 to the center of my milling table of 280x 140mm.

if you work with a Camera and auto Toolchange, you can also edit the Macro for the Toolchange, so that G43 is deactivated when you switch to the Camera with M97.
I only did some fiddling around with the camera in Simulation mode. so i'm not up to speed on all the details.
Plaats reactie